• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alittle help please

97XJ_Sport

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched quite abit and haven't gotton any awnsers.

I've got a 96 4.0, My Problem is I'll be cruising along and the engine will start to cut out. It usually won't die but it will stumble so bad you've got to pull over, Then it will return to normal until it does it again. The check engine light came on, and I'm pulling a sytem too lean bank1. After this started I changed my ignition from the coil to the spark plugs and my cat (it was bad already). BTW it will also stumble at idle the same way every now and then. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

been there done that, replaced the cps and still had problems. thought the fuel pump was goin out,replaced it. turns out it was the stupid ground wire on the sending unit of the fuel tank. my 96 still has steel tank and where the wire attaches to the tank was rusted to the point that it wouldn't complete the circut anymore.fixed it and jeep has been running better than ever.

I've had the same problem with my '92, almost feels like a clogged fuel filter... but the problem's so intermitent that it can't be.

Back