• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJs offroad armor..whats the deal

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
I always hear great things about AJ, and ive seen great things from him myself, but i emailed him over a week ago and PMed him on his forum trying to get a pair of sliders. I'd like to have them ordered in time for me to be able to install them for my paragon trip on the 27th but i have been unsuccessful in even hearing from him at all. whats the deal? anyone know? is this average?

thanks all

it does often take a while to hear from him, hes a busy guy. ordering only 19 days before cutting it a bit close anyways isnt it, considering back order and shipping.

hm, thats what i was afraid of, wasnt totally aware of the time involved. but i did mail him at the very start of the month, still kinda late i suppose though

thanks though for the reply

i certainly dont speak for him, just my experience. i wouldnt give up just yet.

AJ runs the business and does most fab workl by himself. Very busy guy. Its worth the wait. Try getting him on the forums on his site.

westsacxj said:
AJ runs the business and does most fab workl by himself. Very busy guy. Its worth the wait. Try getting him on the forums on his site.

yeah, i believe it, always wanted a set from him, i PMed him on his forum last week as well. just gonna wait it out. if it really comes down to it though im gonna spring for a set of JCR stages 2's, seem to be the same idea

yea, AJ is a great guy. He just is very busy at all times with family and work. I would not hesitate EVER doing any dealings with him. He has done very good by me and I think hes awesome. I would not however order anything from him if you need it by ANY dead line, 2 weeks or 2 years it does not matter. You just have to be patient and when you finally get the product all the time will be worth it. Its the price you pay for having everything done so well by one guy.

AJ's stuff is 100% perfect, 100% the way you want it, and 100% done right the first time.

I finally got with him in the first week of Dec and he said he wrote an invoice for a rear tire carrier bumper and a set of sliders for me. He told me then that he was running a bit behind. I was in no hurry. Near the end of Feb, I sent him mail and left messages on his forum trying to determine the status of the order. It was a good 2 weeks before I heard anything from him. The order was lost. He said he could get me a set of sliders real soon but didn't even mention the bumper. I was very disappointed. I have heard NOTHING but excellent things about his stuff...the guy is good. I don't need lip service but I guess I feel like if I'm going to part with $1000, I want to be taken seriously (for lack of a better term). I do understand that this is a side business for him and that's cool. I really wish we could have hooked up. I know I could have pursued it further and reminded him but I guess I just didn't feel like it. Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll love the sliders as they look incredible. I should also mention that I truly think he's a super guy as well.

-river

Why does everyone send emails and expect for someone to return them immediatly?? Pick up the phone and call! I know he is a busy guy and when i ordered mine, it took several days for him to respond to any emails i sent time. Picked up the phone and resolved any issues in a matter of minutes.

HeavyMetal said:
if it really comes down to it though im gonna spring for a set of JCR stages 2's, seem to be the same idea

You won't be disapointed with JCR's sliders. I love mine and have beat the tar out of them. I too have the stage 2's.

Jeffro600 said:
Why does everyone send emails and expect for someone to return them immediatly?? Pick up the phone and call! I know he is a busy guy and when i ordered mine, it took several days for him to respond to any emails i sent time. Picked up the phone and resolved any issues in a matter of minutes.

Please show us where AJ's advertises his phone #. It is not on his site. It actually says he prefers to be contacted by phone.

Last edited:
Haleyes said:
Please show us where AJ's advertises his phone #. It is not on his site. It actually says he prefers to be contacted by phone.

It was at one time on his web page....ive got it written down somewhere....ill see if i can find it.

Jeffro600 said:
Maybe because it isnt listed and it says AJ wishes to be contacted by email on his website? and where did i even get antsy about it not being returned immediately? am i out of line wondering what the story is after more than a week attempting to contact through various means?

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Right now, AJ wishes to be contacted via Email.
His email address is: [email protected]"[/SIZE]
[/FONT]

:shocked:

i still havnt heard anything through his forum or email, so since im on a deadline i went with the stage 2s, cant wait :D

disclaimer: i am not knocking AJ, if it wernt for my paragon trip i would just wait to buy his as i know hes a great guy and does all the work himself and has a very respectable product

Last edited:
I have been trying to get a set of step rails (modified to acomadate my BW flairs) from him sence the end of January. At first he was in exelant contact with me, had the plans figured out, and was telling me he had started them. This took about three weeks of time to that point. I told him I was hoping to get them before Winterfest, and he said it would be very close, if they made it. I thought thats ok I didn't realise when I went to order them that he was so busy. So somtime in the middle of March I checked back asking what was up. I hadn't heard any more from sense sometime in Feburary. I then checked back again in April (when I hadn't heard anything from him yet still) to find the thread gone. I started another asking if he could give me any info on the project. I check back again today to find no responce, and not able to log in. I guess what I'm saying is AJ i'm sorry but I have to take my business elseware. Four months is unacceptable considering the how I have been neglected on even being kept informed as to what was going on.

FWIW I have seen AJ's products frist hand and they are awsome. If you can get the transaction done, and the product to your door you will be pleased with the quality of the workmenship. That is the only reason I have let this drag out like so before I said to hell with it.

I have his sliders... GREAT PRODUCT... saved my heap many times. He's jsut a struggling Jeeper trying to make a living and will do what he can as soon as possible.

No offense but never set a deadline for anything custom or plan a trip based on something you don't have in hand. Just my experience!

The deadline is not my issue. He made it clear that I would be lucky to get the rails by March 1st. It is the fact he seems to be making no effort to let me know what is going on almost four months later. Infact it seams like he is putting me off all together. I would love to have him do business for me. His work is impecable (sp?), and his prices are second to none. I have seen lesser products for more than he is asking. I just can't get that he seams to be blowing me off. Shure I am only ordering a set of Step Sliders now, but I have plans on getting front & rear bumpers/ tire carrier sometime down the line.

Trust me. My friend waited a year and a half for his sliders. You have no idea how large his list is of back ordered stuff. Plus his bumpers get his priority over other stuff. It's worth the wait, as many will say. Though I'm partial to Custom4x4Fabrication's doube-tube XJ rocker guards.

I'm right with ya scooby. I had an order for a tire carrier bumper and sliders and knew of the waiting list and was fine with that. While waiting to part with my money on what I thought was a substantial order, I too was disappointed in the way I was treated. He's a helluva nice guy and an incredible fabricator that does have another job to pay the bills. He's extremely busy BUT let's not forget that I was extremely patient (went four months with no communication on his part). It was very frustrating b/c I knew the stuff was going to be top knotch IF it ever got here. I got frazzled at having no way to get in touch with him. I tried emails, and that forum to no avail. One phone conversation would have done wonders.

i just got my sliders from AJ and they are awsome, i orded mine 2 weeks ago and i got mine when he told me i would get them, we talked a few times by email and i called him once, mine are going to get a pounding in 2 weeks when i go to Katemcy Rocks @ Mason TX,
i ordered the super square. they look awsome.
i'm happy with AJ's work it's top notch

laters
scott

Back