• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Intake And Hood Vents.

My three core was a transpro ,excellant fit and everything lined up nice, after install I went back to a stock thermostat.

Well im thinking about going this route...

1. Modine 2-Core Radiator
2. Aluminum Coolant Bottle
3. High Temp hoses
4. Laron Hood Vents

Think this would help me out during those hot summer days. what yall think?

Cherokeekid88 said:
Well im thinking about going this route...

1. Modine 2-Core Radiator
2. Aluminum Coolant Bottle
3. High Temp hoses
4. Laron Hood Vents

Think this would help me out during those hot summer days. what yall think?

Sounds like a better plan than the air intake. The Labaron vents are a good looking way to vent the hot air, but it will allow rain to hit the electronics on the top of the motor. You will want some type of rain diversion system. I also think it's important to run a switch to your auxiliary fan so you can increase the under hood air flow as well.

Bones :skull1:

Cherokeekid88 said:
So i should take my money and invest in a 3 core radiator? sounds like it would be a much better purchase than an intake kit. whats a really good one i can get?
Its gonna be a price difference, but a new radiator is going to keep you cooler instead of an intake which is just to make a little bit more power.

well heres my question. I really dont have like 200+ dollars to just drop into a Modine 2 core radiator (assuming thats what they cost) but a buddy of mine gets 50% off parts from Napa. They carry any good Radiators that i could get in place of the modine???

I got one from auto zone for $140 and it works just fine, dont forget to factor in the cost of new hoses and antifreeze if you need it, if not just reuse the old stuff if you really have to.

My friends and I, hell even my dad, have replaced the radiators in our Cherokees with the 3 core GDI radiator...It's amazing. None of us have any issues towing, stop and go traffic, or 4-lo on the beach on hot summer days. Go to advance auto, tell them that you want the extreme duty heatbuster, think its about $210. Trust me I know it works, I work for advance and use that radiator. The standard replacement is in the mid $100, the little extra cash now, will have you cruising cooler in no time.

Cherokeekid88 said:
Well i would like to use Napa if i could. Since i can get the 50% discount. Saw online where they have a modine 2 core radiator for $137? that sound right?

I have the 2 core Modine from NAPA. I think it was $147 with tax. It does have plastic side tanks, but I haven't had any problems with it for the 6 months I've had it. JIM.

Back