• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air condition mod

akram

NAXJA Forum User
Managed to install this awesome mod today in the middle of winter in Alaska. Even did the work while out on the trail.

4a7c645b-8a4f-de4e.jpg

Usually the tire isn't up top and if it is it's strapped very well. But it was froze in place and I could strap it better. Well should've tried harder. While going down the trail it came off and the strap that was left wouldn't let it fall down. Instead it swung back around in through the window. Only my cloud sticker held on.

Good day in the trail regardless.

That's "cool":gag:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have a couple of extra rear glass, I'll deliver if you pay my expenses up there and back!

looks like it's a good thing you have a 96 or earlier, because the 97 and later is glued in and more of a pain to replace!

Doh!

Pretty sweet.

Kinda reminds of the siping I added to my 1st set of 31in TSLs on a 2in BB!:dunce:

Not too worried about the glass. It's a trail only rig and will just be replaced with plexiglass or lexan. Got to go cover it up before it snows again though. Since my cut off temp for wheeling is -20* I do need to replace it since wheeling at those temps it'll get cold inside.

Lesson learned and handled well.

Unless you screw it into the frame I'm not sure plastic will work well. That glass is held be a simple old fashioned rubber gasket, super simple to install and remove. My fear with plexi would be too much flex causing it to easily pop out of the plastic.

I'd just put a new piece of junkyard glass in, if you're breaking it often it just means you gotta watch where you're going better. :D

I'm not reusing the seal. I'm going to silicon it in. Also considering making it removable. As in make a gasket and drill some hole in the plastic. Put some bolts on the hatch and use wing nuts to attach it. I've replaced a few. I have two back glasses, two other hatches and three parts rigs I can pull from if this idea doesn't work.

Back