• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AEM, Christuned, bother?

I've always been negative on Chryco transmissions... Chryco anything for that matter... Chrysler has to be the most cynical auto manufacturer on the planet... churning out the same sub standard crap year after year just because people buy it and it is bargain basement priced at end of year. Maybe its better under FIAT but I'm really not willing to roll the dice on ChryCo anything beyond the Jeeps I own now.

So, I'm really no fan of ChryCo, can you tell? I had to restrain myself from negatively commenting on the 200/Sebring/Craptastic mentioned above.

All that blather aside, I thought the 545RFE was a decent transmission, especially compared to everything else Chrysler makes? The WJ doesn't seem to have a reputation for weak transmissions behind the V8?

It's a pie in the sky idea so it doesn't really matter. At this point I'm more likely to go with a NV3550 or NSG370 I guess - if anything happened to the AW4. I really like an automatic in my trucks though.

Last edited:
All that blather aside, I thought the 545RFE was a decent transmission, especially compared to everything else Chrysler makes? The WJ doesn't seem to have a reputation for weak transmissions behind the V8?

Its an improvement over the 42RE(a wet noodle would be an improvement here) and the 44/46RE, but I still don't see that they are as reliable as the AW4.

Back