• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice on axle assembly choices

xwhatever... that 8.25 will be fine. Only reason I'd suggest the 8.8 for 33s is if you were aiming for 4.10 gearing to be nice to your budget, since you can find em stock with those gears and gain a few other benefits at the same time. Since you're regearing anyways stick with the 8.25.

For what it's worth, my d30 shafts/joints/gears with lousy stock 297x joints in it has stood up to 33x11.5 BFG AT knockoffs for a couple trips now and I haven't exactly been very nice to it. It's probably because the tires don't get much traction and I have no locker.

You still want the aussie. They are a LOT higher quailty than the lockrite, and are about $240.

That and I don't think there is a lockrite for your 8.25 - they are 27 spline only. The 29 spline 8.25 uses the $400 No-Slip locker from Powertrax.

Cool.....Thanks for your help I will order the Aussies:roll:

Back