• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice for the Trail

One other thing I just thought of that I don't believe has been mentioned and I see this ALL of the time.

KEEP YOUR ARMS INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE!!!

I say it all the time when I am spotting people. It is a bad habit that can get you hurt very easily.

Michael

After reading all this advice I have no advice to offer except make sure to shit before wheeling. Nothing better than squating in the woods while everyone tries to snap pictures.

I bet that hurt.

Yea just a little. Couldnt feel my arm at all for an hour. Still finished the obstacle and impressed the Pirate crowd. Continued the rest of the busy wild on 33s and one front locker.

After reading all this advice I have no advice to offer except make sure to shit before wheeling. Nothing better than squating in the woods while everyone tries to snap pictures.

This is actually great advice. lol

Naw. I own my mistakes and learn from them. A little embarassing yes but no big deal. Still ride with my arm on top of the edge of the door. Just pull my arm inside all paranoid like whenever I come up to an obstacle. lol

One other thing I just thought of that I don't believe has been mentioned and I see this ALL of the time.

KEEP YOUR ARMS INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE!!!

I say it all the time when I am spotting people. It is a bad habit that can get you hurt very easily.

Michael

Yep the last time we were out I had to keep reminding my wife not to hold on to the so called factory roll bar I have in my YJ. I had to explain to her that the soft top was to keep rain off your head not Jeeps off your fingers.

Did you see the guy in the Groundhog video Torx posted? He had his arm and head hanging out the window most of the time he was filmed.

Dave.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great thread. Think the SAR guy in me has to mention the 10 essentials. Not that you are ever going to wheel alone but being prepared to stay out, and potentially stay out without a rig.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Essentials

I really enjoy wheeling with a range of rigs and build. However, It can kind of ruin it for everyone if someone has not even basic build stuff like tow points.

Think something we have talked about as a club is having SWR tuning meets on the comms side. CB is not hard but not having one that works means that everyone has to endure crappy comms.

Back