• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable Trac Bar Woes

I used a ratchet strap from the passengers side knuckle to the steering box and gave it a few cranks. It worked just fine for me, If you read JKS's instructions they suggest the ratchet strap.

what about lift changes and when you add weight such as a aftermarket bumper and a winch? then there is also a subtle change like tire wear.

point is an on vehicle adjuster would be so simple and you could get it lined up a helluva lot quicker and more accurately with just a couple wrench turns.

side note, is there any reason that the track bar needs to have the bends in it on a lifted vehicle, say sitting a 3.5-4" over stock height?
All good points,but strength is the biggest reason.It sounds like your talking about TRE or Solid Urethane type set-ups that can be a pain to R&R(they are usually all bound up).The better bars like RE use 1" thread with joints that make the install easy but can also handle all the movement a trackbar has to go thru when flexed.I can assure you I can adjust mine in less than 10 minutes.

Last edited:
is the axle mount side of the track bar stock or has someone moved it? i have seen a couple XJ's where the owner used the factory track bar and just moved the axle mount closer to the center.

Measure how much you are out and adjust accordingly. You should get it just right on the 2nd or 3rd try at most. A ratchet strap can be used to line up the hole as well.

you cant just adjust it to the "middle" and line it up with the hole and expect the axle to be centered.

dissconnect the end of the trackbar that adjusts, turn the steering wheel back and forth until the axle is centered, then adjust the bar so it goes back into the mount.

I made that same mistake the first time I put my adj. trac bar on. Tried loosening it and physically moving the Jeep in the direction that it needed to go, and it worked OK. Finally thought one day...what if I just unbolt it from the axle end, and turn the wheel back and forth a few times. Did that and it's sitting pretty much dead center now.

If it's adjusted in as far as it will go, I wonder if you got sent the wrong size trac bar....perhaps one for a Jeep with a lot more lift?

Back