• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adding a long leaf without removing the entire spring pack ???

aquaholic

NAXJA Forum User
i've added short leafs to my chevys without removing the leaf pack but never tried to do it with a long add a leaf. or on a jeep for that matter. doesn't look like a ton of room in there under the xj. anyone ever accomplished adding a long leaf without removing the entire sping pack?

thanks man. i was hoping that it could happen. i just added the rear 2" lift shackles so the rear bolt will easily come out. the one towards the front of the jeep isn't going to happen. i had a 36" breaker bar on it with a 36" piece of pipe and could not even budge that front bolt.

^ Were you turning it the right way?
jk
That's a lot of force though. I'm kinda surprised you didn't break something else along the way!

will i get more articulation out of the rear with that sway bar permanently gone?

Yes, and you won't notice a difference on the street. I hear it makes a difference if you tow something huge, but that's it.

well as and end result, i added 2 leafs to each side. one long and one short. i was able to do it without disconnecting either end of the main leaf. piece of cake. i also left the sway bar connected for now.

once you get that sway bar out of the way its easy and when its off throw it away just my .02 good luck

X2 I did the same thing! :D

i'll probably ditch the sway bar evenytually. i gotta get back under there to replace the shocks anyway. they are now extended to their limits with 2 add a leafs and a 2" extended shackle.

Back