• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adding a leaf to my 3.5" Rusty's packs

JLane99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
what leaf can i pull from a junker to add to my packs to gain about 1" to 1-1/2" extra skyward without killing the soft ride or flex??

i've been running about a year, Rusty's 3.5" leaf packs w/ an ext shackle.

then- after 3 pretty grueling trips to Tellico last year i noticed a slight sagging, so i recently added a 1" block netting me about 5" over stock hieght (again since the sag) sitting level w/ the front..
Now - i want to add some 2" bb-spacers to the front (removing some 3/4" ones) to help clear 35s.
To get the rear height level w/ the front i figure to add a *new* or additional 2nd leaf out of some 1/2 ton pickup or SUV to get an extra 1" to 1-1/2" lift.
Anyone with this or similar experience please help..

thanks in advance.

btw i don't want to just swap the 1" block out for a 2" one because of the added axle wrap..
help pls..

i've been wondering this too.

-Dave

FYI this worked (gained about 2")
well i was @ Rusty's last week & after some discussion about this i opted to buy a set of long AALs to add to the pack, so for $55 & a little wreching i netted an extra 2" ride quality is ok.. (haven't yet wheeled it, bc a SYE & CV-d/s is needed)
it should work out well w/ the rear loaded w/ tools & trail gear (ie-cooler & stuff ;) )

Back