• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Added SECURITY: dummy door handles?

This is an interesting thread, at least it is for me b/c I got my XJ broken into in my driveway and they tried (unsuccessfully) to steal my CD receiver. They broke my driver's door window to get in, but my dad's ZJ was unlocked and they took the faceplate off his CD receiver and some cash from the glove box...go figure. Morons. But ever since then, I've wanted to rig up a really good security system for my XJ so whoever tries to steal anything from it again will regret it! My guitar amp tech told me he could rig up an alarm that would shock someone if they tried to break in...

Of course, this happened before my XJ was lifted....

If there were stricter consequences for thieves and burglers, there'd be less incidents.

Because people would be scared!

But in this great nation, the criminals have more rights than you do!

Blaine B. said:
If there were stricter consequences for thieves and burglers, there'd be less incidents.

Because people would be scared!

But in this great nation, the criminals have more rights than you do!

X2

bfred said:
Why not just try LOCKING the doors. the outside handles will act the same as if you disconnected the linkage and you can test your new antitheft measures to see if it makes a difference!:cheers: (I think I am now dumber for responding to this thread!!!)

I never responded to this post because it was so old.

You could disconnect the tumbler from the handle and acheive a similar effect. The problem is that the tumblers are super easy to pop off the door. While it would be more difficult to get the door open with the linkages disconnected, thieves still have access to the inside of the door at that point. I've always acknowledged that my modification is a useless theft prevention tool, but it will dissuade criminals that ONLY want to gain entry by messing with the lock.

Back