• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adam's 98 5-speed Build

Awesome Build!

o5uvtj.jpg

Best part of the build right there ;)

most awesome jigsaw puzzle EVAR!

Now I just have to figure out my upper control arm mounts.
Two options I see
1. Make my own using these from Iron Rock Offroad and some plate to make the pass side.
IMG_5939.jpg

2. I could get clayton's johnny joint upper control arm mounts.
AB-FUCAMNT.jpg

Regardless I'll have to make a bridge of some sort to go over the diff to mount the drivers side upper mount because i don't like the idea of welding to cast.

5-Speed XJ said:
Regardless I'll have to make a bridge of some sort to go over the diff to mount the drivers side upper mount because i don't like the idea of welding to cast.

use the left over 2x6 I have from the rockers and if there isn't enough for a truss I'll buy a ruffstuff one.
Like This :biggrin:
Axle%20housing%20armor%20043.jpg

or go all out and get the BTF one
FORDDANA44FRONT_POP.jpg

Well i'm all graduated so this build is in full swing again
Ordered some goodies from Longfield super axles
102_0433_zps1a087e7f.jpg

Dana 44 spindle bushings that remove bearing and seal from the equation
tore down the carrier and pinion to be replaced with 4.88's
102_0434_zps0831866b.jpg

Painted up my flatop knuckles and BTF high-steer arms
102_0440_zpsca2bdb7f.jpg

Took advantage of ruffstuffs 20% newyears sale and bought all of my steering a track bar parts the dom will be here tomorrow.
102_0442_zps8e9c6efb.jpg

With in the next few weeks i'll order some dom bushings and cut them down to make axle side upper link mounts with a BTF rear 44 truss diffcover combo to mount my drivers side upper link mounts
bushed%20sleeve.jpg

Dana44truss_POP.jpg

5-speed representin' :D

Excited to see the high steer. May want to mock it up before burning the coil buckets on to see if it all clears. My tie rod was going to be way too inboard and hitting the coils so I could not do full high steer. I ended up doing crossover and keeping the tie rod at the stock location on my waggy 44.

Back