• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Compressor/Idler Bracket

Crusher16

RRC President
NAXJA Member
Looking for the bracket that the A/C Compressor and Idler pulley bolt to. Pick N Pull by me doesn't have any with the Idler pulley on it. Trying to get my junk back together.

Shipped to 75074.

Is your 1991 HO or Renix?

It is HO

The bracket is the same. You can get a new idler pulley for the HO bracket at any auto parts store. You probably knew that but their was a lot of confusion about fitting mine.

Not looking for the idler pulley itself. Im looking the AC compressor bracket that the idler pulley also bolts to. The brackets I found at the junkyard don't accept bolting an idler pulley to it.

The A/C bracket from an HO is the same whether is has the a/c compressor or idler pulley on it. The compressor bolts are vertical just like the idler pulley base.

Here is the idler pulley. The four bolt holes in this bracket match the four holes in the engine bracket in the above post.

Not talking about an AC compressor delete either.

The picture in your post (#6) is the correct bracket I am needing since it has a place for the idler pulley AND an the compressor.

Thats what I am dealing with. Managed to get some time to get the two broken bolts extracted so don't need the bracket anymore. Unless I mess it up putting it back on later... :rof:

Looks like the idler pulley is moved to under the power steering pump instead of on the AC compressor bracket at some point, according to belt routing diagrams.

This is how mine is:

This is what I keep finding:

Last edited:
Back