• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS bleed procedure?

Well I know I'm not crazy, but it fixed itself??? :wierd: I went to pull the Jeep out of the garage to take it for a spin. See if I could lock up the front to give the ABS a workout. I turned the ignition to "ON" & the pump just kept on pumping. So I fired it up, got out, put my hand on the pump, yup still pumping, got back in & shut it down. I then pumped the brakes a few times, ignition back on, still pumping :banghead:. I found the ABS relay & yanked it. Try the ignition again & still pumping. Now i'm going WTF?? So I start it up, put it in drive, roll a couple feet & brake check hard a couple times before I get to my steep driveway! I noticed that the ABS warning light went off. HUH? I shut it down, then ignition back on & no pump. At this point I figured it's just fried. With the ignition still on, I pumped the brakes a few times & the pump begins building pressure & shuts off after a few seconds. The system seems to be working back to normal now. I bled all four corners again and got more air. Once I finished bleeding I ran around the neighborhood & did a bunch of hard stops. Couldn't get the tires to bark, but mostly because it was 11pm & I didn't want to. I'm not that kind of A-hole. She stops great! It doesn't pull and it sounds & feels as though the rears are working more now too.
I definetely want to do the double diaphram swap when more time & sanity is in the picture. Maybe during the winter when I'm stuck indoors. Thanks for all the help & advice everyone.

Nick
'91 XJ 4.0L, Auto, 4.5" Rusty's Lift on 33" Pro Comps.

2hwmh60.jpg

116hmdv.jpg

You own a Jeep--your never stuck indoors or out!

Glad it cleared the air and you got it working.

Back