• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About ME - Midwest Director Candidate

My name's Brennen Cernuda. I have been nominated and will be running for the position of Midwest Director BoD member-at-large.

A little about me.. I'm a youngin, 23 years years old. Full time student at Ferris State University. I study Automotive Engineering Technology. One more semester and I'll finally have my Bachelors! I'm an ASE Master Certified tech, maintained and managed a 20+ fleet of squad and grounds vehicles at a junior college for 3 years before I moved up to Big Rapids Michigan to further my studies. Currently I run my own small time fab shop, Smash Hole Motorsports, specializing in Jeep and Nissan vehicles. Bumpers, cages, gear swaps, etc. Currently working on bringing a line of LED lighting to the market.

I've been a member of NAXJA since 05, when I got my first XJ, "Shamu". She looked a whole lot nicer back then. Bone stock, not a scratch, but the Jeep bug bit me and now shes one ugly whale! Built a few more XJ's but I keep going back to the ol girl.

My first official NAXJA event was Winterfest 11. I try to wheel every month but lately it seems I've been wrenching more than wheeling. Cliffs Insane Terrain in IL is I guess you could say "home track", these past couple years I have been exploring the state of Michigan.

Besides NAXJA official Winterfest '11, '12, and '13 I've also attended the Harlan and Moab trips this year. Looking forward to do it all over again in '14.

Being both a member of NAXJA and a Nissan club, Great Lakes Xterras, I've learned that the diversity and new members is what makes a club succeed. In the time I've been involved with GLX, we have grown the club from a mere handful of members to over 100 this past month. We throw two official runs in Attica each year, including raffles, events, etc. It awesome how many new faces there are every event.

I want to see more new faces in the MWC. If that means organizing some smaller unofficial events at locations other than Attica, I want to explore that option. We also need to work on getting our existing members out to events. I believe the free camping at Winterfest is a great incentive, but it's not quite enough. I'd like to bring up the possibility of another incentive. I thought the GoPro was a great idea last year.

This club is about the members. Lets grow this chapter and make it even better than what it is now!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to ask.

-Brennen

Re: About ME - Midwest Director Canidate

Good luck buddy. Will you be introducing a line of special edition jeep commanders anytime soon? :D

About ME - Midwest Director Canidate

Good luck buddy. Will you be introducing a line of special edition jeep commanders anytime soon? :D

Winterfest '14 Smash Hole Motorsports will be unveiling their latest project, code name HK XK.

Hint hint... I need a driver :D

Re: About ME - Midwest Director Canidate

Winterfest '14 Smash Hole Motorsports will be unveiling their latest project, code name HK XK.

Hint hint... I need a driver :D

:roflmao: I'll bring a briefcase.

Seriously though, this is going to be a tough decision on who I'll vote for. Best of luck.

Thanks for running for the mwc bod.

I see you're planning on attending wf 14, so I won't ask.

Do you feel you have the time to devote to the planning of winterfest, which will take a lot of your time, between January and the event? How do you feel about contacting sponsors for raffle donations?

Elected or not, can we count on Smash Hole MS to donate to the raffle? ;)

How is your spelling? :D

Do you feel you have the time to devote to the planning of winterfest, which will take a lot of your time, between January and the event? How do you feel about contacting sponsors for raffle donations?

I'm taking a really light load next semester, and there's not much to do in Big Rapids. I will devote as much time as I can to make this event the greatest it can be. In regards to sponsors, having been to SEMA last year, and having my business partner go this year, I've got a few connections I will try to use to the clubs benefit. I am also going to try to make the PRI show in Indy in a couple weeks. You betcha I'll be looking for sponsors. Having experience in the commercial side of the auto industry, contacting sponsors for product does not bother me.

Elected or not, can we count on Smash Hole MS to donate to the raffle? ;)

Smash Hole has something up its sleeve I think you guys will really like ;)

In fact we just donated some product for a Facebook giveaway. Details to come so you guys get a chance to win :)

How is your spelling? :D

Apparently terrible today!!

What are your thoughts on the club helping new commercial offroad parks within our MWC boundaries?

I think commercial parks are the way of the future. As much as I hate to say it, the closing of public land is inevitable. We can only do our best to slow it. Privately owned parks are the most efficient way to gain more land for us to use.

The way I see it, there's no reason the club could not help out under certain circumstances. Having said that, I don't think monetary help is in the clubs benefit. However, cutting trails, club presence at town meetings, etc. would be of benefit for everyone.

Now we all know there are good private parks and there's bad ones. Things need to be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Do you think that smash hole motorsports will create any conflict of interests if you are on the MWC BOD and if so, are you willing to work around them?

mac 'btt' gyvr

Do you think that smash hole motorsports will create any conflict of interests if you are on the MWC BOD and if so, are you willing to work around them?

mac 'btt' gyvr

Although I am affiliated with Smash Hole Motorsports, I will still have the best interests of the club in my actions. When regarding the club, I will leave business decisions to my coworkers and be as impartial as possible. Should an immediate situation arise, where a business and club decision would be required, I would exhaust every resource possible to be as fair as I can be. In every situation I can imagine, I would leave all of my personal business aspects out of the equation and let my colleagues handle it as nonpartisan as possible. I would absolutely be able to work around the fact that I work for a company that a few members are clientele, also while maintaining a credible career as a member of the Board of Directors.

thank you for your reply and running!

mac 'smash burger' gyvr

Back