• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aal question

bryn

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed a 6.5 in RC lift w/sye and cv drive shaft plus longer brake lines....my question is how much more lift can I "add" to this kit without a whole lot of added cash. I am looking at either blocks and spacers,aal and spacers,or spacers and longer shackles. I know I am crazy but I want more....hahahhaah

bryn said:
I recently installed a 6.5 in RC lift w/sye and cv drive shaft plus longer brake lines....my question is how much more lift can I "add" to this kit without a whole lot of added cash. I am looking at either blocks and spacers,aal and spacers,or spacers and longer shackles. I know I am crazy but I want more....hahahhaah

You can use spacers in the front. I wouldn't stack a bunch of them though however, some do it with no Iill-effects. I just don't care for the idea.
Blocks can be used for the rear, it's not the prefered method though. Blocks will eventually kill your leafs.
Adding an AAL to your current packs, won't do much good if any, and it'll ride like arse.
Shackles would be your best bet for adding a little hight.

Consider using your old stock rear springs as either an AAL or as a "block". I have FT's 5" springs in the rear and I threw in my stock pack as to get some added lift. It works wonderul. It rides just the same as before, flexes the same and all. The newer model XJ's have a pack that measures right about 1" thinck total. If you didn't want to use it as an AAL, you could cut the leaf's up into smaller sections, spacing from 2' down to 1' and in effect, you just put a 1" block in there without the added spring wrap. You'll get a bit of wrap, but nothing compared to what you would if you just had a solid block. Try that, your old springs are pretty much useless to you anyhow.

Haleyes said:
You can use spacers in the front. I wouldn't stack a bunch of them though however, some do it with no Iill-effects. I just don't care for the idea.
Blocks can be used for the rear, it's not the prefered method though. Blocks will eventually kill your leafs.
Adding an AAL to your current packs, won't do much good if any, and it'll ride like arse.
Shackles would be your best bet for adding a little hight.

I'm assuming he has 6.5" leaf packs already using the stock shackle.

Back