• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a wheel bearing/hub going bad? Grind then pop?

I've have only put 5000 miles on mine since I bought it in 2007. So maybe I'm just in a different boat than most of you. And yes it is my DD, I just live really close to work.

Yeah it takes me 4 minutes to get to work. I've put about 12-14k on mine since i bought it in 07.

Definitely a different boat with that mileage. I put 25 or 30 thousand miles a year on my "main" Jeep. ON the other hand, I only get a year or so out of a set of universal joints, so the hubs have to come off pretty often anyway. That might be a good argument for cheap hubs if only things wore out on schedule, but they never seem to wear out at the same time.

If I put that kinda miles on ANY vehicle, than yes my attitude would be ALOT different. But I don't so, please respect my decisions.

Dont get me wrong guy's I have 3 other vechles to drive, so some days I just chose to leave th XJ parked & drive another just to charge up the battery. So I guess it's not really a DD.

Back