• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A new stepping stone for me

Haha cool. If the opportunity is there, take it. SCG is a great company too.

Totally!

Besides.... I think the culture at SoCalGas is WAY better than the culture at SDG&E. It's been nothing but a positive move for me!!

SanDiegoOverland-Yeah, Socal Gas is super safety sensitive. They've instilled us with so much on the job training and safety driving. It's safe to say this company can be a career if you make it to be. I think i read once you work at SDG&E? How do you like it?

Yup, been with them for 3 years helping keep the electrical distribution system running. I do digital cartography/GIS mapping stuff. I'm about 90% office, 10% field right now, but that might change in the future, as we update our processes.

Best job I've ever had from SO many standpoints...pay, atmosphere, safety culture, benefits, etc, etc.

Congratulations Anthony.

I think you are making a wise decision and wish you the best of luck.

Congratulations Anthony.

I think you are making a wise decision and wish you the best of luck.

Thanks Avery! So far it feels like ive made the right choices. Maybe we can set up a swamp lake or dusy ershim run?

Yup, been with them for 3 years helping keep the electrical distribution system running. I do digital cartography/GIS mapping stuff. I'm about 90% office, 10% field right now, but that might change in the future, as we update our processes.

Best job I've ever had from SO many standpoints...pay, atmosphere, safety culture, benefits, etc, etc.

Haha sounds like a cushy job :p I'll be 100% field.

You're not too far from my all time favorite wheeling areas, the Western Sierras!

The area around Shaver Lake has Dusy Ershim, Swamp Lake and the Red Mountain Trails that lead to West, Strawberry, Muir, Red and Coyote (my favorite) lakes.

Been wheeling up there for 25 yrs.......I'm envious.

Good luck!

Hans

You're not too far from my all time favorite wheeling areas, the Western Sierras!

The area around Shaver Lake has Dusy Ershim, Swamp Lake and the Red Mountain Trails that lead to West, Strawberry, Muir, Red and Coyote (my favorite) lakes.

Been wheeling up there for 25 yrs.......I'm envious.

Good luck!

Hans

Hey hans!

I'm pretty excited because I love going to the sierra's to fish. I've never ran any trails up there...PM me if you plan on running any trails in the future, I would be happy to tag along!

Do you park an XJ at CP sometimes?

Do you park an XJ at CP sometimes?

Yeah everyday, up until about 6 mos ago. It used to be black w/ silver trim, now it's tan with black trim. (has a logan's metal front bumper, that I'm still in love with...haha!)

I'm only over there for department meetings and such now. :)

Last edited:
Haha sounds like a cushy job :p I'll be 100% field.

Yeah totally cush, but I've had my share of outside jobs,( lifeguard, delivery driver, firefighter, shipping and recieving/loading dock monkey, etc, etc) I LUVVV this job. :D :D

Honestly, though, if you ever decide to/have a chance to come into an office, you'll be ahead of the game. At least in our department, those who have solid field experience and/or degree's are 100% ahead of the curve as far as promotions, special assignments, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah totally cush, but I've had my share of outside jobs,( lifeguard, delivery driver, firefighter, shipping and recieving/loading dock monkey, etc, etc) I LUVVV this job. :D :D

Honestly, though, if you ever decide to/have a chance to come into an office, you'll be ahead of the game. At least in our department, those who have solid field experience and/or degree's are 100% ahead of the curve as far as promotions, special assignments, etc.

For sure! My whole idea is to get into the company fully (as a meter reader you're part time) and eventually get into the office..

Great plan! My manager started as a meter reader and worked her way up. It's very, very possible to do.

Very much so, it's just a matter of how much you want to go into management. If you mind me asking..what's your manager's last name??

Back