• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C System issues, done diagnosis, need pro advice...

Good info, thanks!

Side note: removed those 'check valves' - checked for other blockages, found none. Put it back together, charged it up, works great! Thanks for the help.

Alright, coming back to the brain trust for more help. I got the A/C manifold as suggested, and it was helpful. It confirmed that in fact, my low side I had basically zero pressure, and on my high side I saw it peak to nearly 400 psi before I shut it down. It kept creeping up to no end, which would explain why it kept blowing the relief valve.

I think the problem had something to do with this unique set of fittings and spring valves... not sure if that would be correct terminology. I'm almst certain that there is a problem with this setup, or by design it is supposed to greatly restrict the flow? I thought the only 'restriction' by design was the orifice going into the evaporator. Need help/explanation on this. The left end is the hose that goes to the expansion valve (high side) and the right end is what connects to the dryer/receiver.

What is this, what purpose does it serve, and how do I ensure it is functioning correctly? If this isn't the problem, it has to be the dryer/receiver.

Thanks for the help!
i3739d.jpg

Where the middle fitting mates to the right threaded fitting did you put a seal in there to replace the o-ring on the valve guts?

I'm changing the drier and putting R-12 back in and with vaccuum pump employed it ain't hitting 29 hg.

That fitting is the same type as like a power steering hose(can't think of the name) with a tapered seat so no seal necessary?

I want to make sure my R-12 won't leak out:wow:

Back