• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C only works in "Normal"?

Well, I am scratching my head. While I am no expert mechanic, sometimes I can figure things out with time. My AC works in all modes and different temp settings. The only thing I did was change the four coolant/heater hoses and flush the system really good. :crosses fingers:

Lucky! So far we've replaced everything BUT the hoses and the watchamacallit under the dash and it still freezes up and blows warm. My mechanics really starting to be vexed by this one. Me too.

Lucky! So far we've replaced everything BUT the hoses and the watchamacallit under the dash and it still freezes up and blows warm. My mechanics really starting to be vexed by this one. Me too.

I can almost guarantee it's that pressure switch on top of the accumulator (the propane tank looking thing on the left, towards the firewall). It's pretty cheap and takes literally 2 minutes to swap out.

We tried that too.
This morning my mechanic thinks he solved it...clutch issues as outlined in that article we discussed earlier. They had tried a reman compressor on it during this process and that did not cure it. Now they think that part may have been bad too. Stranger things have happened. I pick it up tonight after work and will test it hard.

Back