• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Compressor Info?

Magus2727

NAXJA Forum User
This is not a request for the OEM manual, the A/C Compressor manufacture has a manual and looking to get information from it or a link to it. (manufacture I believe provides this so should be within forum rules)

I just got a new 4 Seasons compressor which was delivered with shipping oil and I need to drain and install new actual compressor oil. Can anyone provide me the information to the type of oil and the amount needed?

I have a new dryer, and expansion valve to also replace with the compressor.

Also most all the R134A has already leaked out the system. Should I have the system evacuated now or after I replace everything and then recharged?

Thanks for any help.

Think I found my own answer after some further searching...

PAG 100, 7.75 ounces

Your 1995 in your sig would have used R134a from the factory so you would want to use PAG. The amount of oil depends on a lot of variables, esp how much of it remains in the condenser or dryer. One of the reasons most shops will vacuum the system fully

Vacuum does not remove the oil though, only lowers the boiling point of water to pull out the "air" in the lines and and moisture in the lines. At least that's all my research has said.

I but they also say usually a tables spoon in the accumulator is replaced and then drain the compressor and refill with how much came out of the compressor.

I am going to fix all that by running a flush solvent through also to get rid of oil that may still be in the condenser or evaporator.

the compressor uses PAG 100 (100 is the weight vs other options of 45 and 150)?

Replaced the whole system. Flushed the condenser and evaporator.

a friend has a AC service machine so we used that and added the oil to the high side when charging.

Charged with 7oz of oil and 2 lbs of R134a. get cool air now and the compressor engages the way that it should and the bearing sounds good.

relatively simple process. and now I have cold air, and the wife has cold air which makes her happy which is the best part of it all.

Back