• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Xj crawler

tonysinnette

NAXJA Forum User
The time has come. I have been wheeling and building this Jeep for almost 10 years now, but I want to build my buggy project that I recently picked up. Its been well taken care of, but it is a rock crawler, so its not perfect. Give me a shout if you have any questions. Asking $5000, clear title. Here are the specs:

99 XJ,

4.0 108xxx miles

aw4

Optima red top

NP 231 with RE SYE

77 F150 supercab Dana 44 front, 4.56 gears, lock right, truss, HD diff cover, Warn premium hubs, High steer

Ford 9in rear, 4.56 gears, spooled, explorer disk breaks

Front DS is a square one made from reciever hitch tube, rear is a Tatton's long spline

Front suspension is a custom leaf set up with 4.5 in YJ leafs and Liquid Iron Industries leaf sliders, rear are RE leafs with a long leaf AAL.

Exo built off of the sliders, a nates 4x4 tire carrier rear, and a home brew front winch bumper (winch will stay with me)

5 H1 double beadlocks, re-centered to 5x5.5. 4 have rock rings, the spare does not.

4 38in TSL's, about 50% tread (For a lower price I can keep the 38's and put a set of 36's on)

Skid row xfer case skid

10 lb co2 tank with regulator

Edlebrock xtreme travel remote reservoir shocks

I have everything to do a crossover shock set up in the rear, just not installed yet.

SN155419.jpg

SN155293.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

SN154066.jpg

see what happens when you come out west......you sell your jeep to build a buggy :D

I'd be willing to part out if I got enough interest in the major parts (axles, wheels, 4.0 exo)

Well... if you do get to the point of parting it out, I may be interested in the t-case if the RE SYE isn't the hack 'n tap type. I may also be interested in the CO2 tank.

Well... if you do get to the point of parting it out, I may be interested in the t-case if the RE SYE isn't the hack 'n tap type. I may also be interested in the CO2 tank.

It is a HnT. I really don't know why they get such bad of a wrap. I've been wheeling it now for 4 years with no issues at all.

Here is a parts list for part out. Like I said I need to get the engine, exo and axles spoken for before I can part it out. I only have so much room in the garage! Most of the interior will also be available. Give me a shout if you have any questions or need pics of anything in perticular.
Axles $1,200
H1 Wheels $500
Engine $400
Xfer case $200
Shocks $200
XJ rears aprox 7 " $200
Exo and bumpers $500
Co2 $100
Tattons DS $125
Square DS $75
xfer case Skid plate $100
Leaf sliders $100
Crossover shock mount $150
Hydro assist $250
AW4 $150
radiator $50
LED tail lights $50
Rustys sterring brace $50

Also looking for some items for the buggy

Chevy tons
Air shocks
Heims/joints for links
Racing or suspension seats
Turbo 350 and NP205
Fuel cell

It is a HnT. I really don't know why they get such bad of a wrap. I've been wheeling it now for 4 years with no issues at all.

I wouldn't think twice running one on an XJ, but I'm looking for a t-case for my WJ and I'm a little nervous about the V8 with the stock NP231 output shaft. An HD 32 spline output shaft would make me feel much better.

I have a potential buyer for the Exo. Any one interested in this other stuff. I got parts to buy!!!

I'm starting the tear down this week. Anyone interested in the engine? 99 4.0 108xxx miles, runs good. If I don't get a buyer it will just go with the body to the junk yard. As I pull components off I will take pics and get them posted. If you have something you are interested in or looking for let me know.

All the switches in the door work except the driver window switch does not do the thing where you can just hit it once and the window will go down, you have to hold down the button.

That is a nice looking rig, if it was viable to have a strict wheeler, I would pick it up and sell my current dd for a gas sipper.

Back