• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ build

Haha, I almost bought that Jeep. Test drove it and everything. Had I sold my YJ to a friend like I was supposed to, I -would- be driving it right now.

He actually told me about a guy from Wichita who would be coming down soon to look at it.. sure enough!

Glad to see it went to someone who keeps track of the Jeeping world. :)

Did an alignment fix the pull? Or was it maybe the tires? I noticed that because of the locker the back tires were a bit worn unevenly.

Oh really?? The guy I bought it from said there was another guy interested in it. Ya once I installed the new lift kit, I got it aligned and it drives much better now. I negotiated the steering pull, driveline vibes and broken windshield into the price, so I think it helped me get it for a good price! Are you still looking for an XJ?

Nope! Bought a 98 Classic a couple months ago. Ended up selling the YJ for the full asking price of 6k to a guy that lives right down the road from me. Still see it a couple times a week driving around town in fact! haha

100_2584.jpg

Thanks though for the offer to look. :D

Though if gas prices keep going up like predicted, it won't be getting driven much and I'll be sticking to driving our 96 stocker.

Last edited:
carlton, nice Xj. I've seen the build up on trail krawlers. So you are running the same lift as me, but you have upgraded everything so that it is like the 5.5"? upper control arms, trackbar, drop brackets, etc?

I like the front bumper...

DBenz said:
carlton, nice Xj. I've seen the build up on trail krawlers. So you are running the same lift as me, but you have upgraded everything so that it is like the 5.5"? upper control arms, trackbar, drop brackets, etc?

I like the front bumper...

Thanks. Ya I built the lift kit off of a 3.5" Super-Flex kit and upgraded to RE Adj. Upper Control Arms, RE Adj. Trackbar, JKS Discos, a .75" shackle in the rear and I just bought some ZJ 3.5" coils for the front. I have drop brackets, but have not installed them yet. Waiting on some drop braces. Once I have those, all I will need is the trackbar bracket and brace and it will pretty much be the same as a 5.5" Extreme Duty lift

Cool deal, I've got some plans as far as upgrading mine, so I can go with some bigger tires and what not, but want my axles done first. Are yours done yet?

Mine are not done yet. I got my gears and everything ready to go, but have not had time to take the axles out and go to Holzmans and get them done. I am going to try to have them done by next week because I will be out of town for 3 weeks and want it done before I go. I can't take driving it on 35's and stock gears anymore!!!!

Back