• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 won't start

I hooked up jumpers to a ground near the starter and to the negative on the batter and still no crank, so I think my grounds are good. I hook the jumpers to the positive on the starter and then touched it to the positive on the battery and got nothing. But if I jump between the signal and positive on the starter with a screwdriver, it will turn, just not much.

Starter going bad?

Ok, took the starter to az and it tested good.

So, new cps, new iac, new tb gasket, new block ground, and battery tested good as well as starter good. Still no start. It just turns over slowly but doesn't start.:flamemad::flamemad:

Still no start. It just turns over slowly but doesn't start

Gotta fix your slow crank problem first; you may not be cranking the engine fast enough to start the engine. Get a meter and check for approx. 12 volts directly at the starter itself with the key ON. You may have voltage drop between the battery and the starter, bad cable, etc.

If you don't have approx. 12 volts at the battery, start working your way backwards into the engine bay to find out why.

IT RUNS!!!!!11one

Okay, so I put the starter back on. Lo and behold, it started. I did nothing else since yesterday. I just put the starter back on and it ran. It ran a little crappy at first and spit a lot of gas out of the tailpipe but it was fine was the computer relearned. So I ran up to az to see if there were any codes. On the way there, guess what happened....
no f*%$ng bus??!
Guages crap out and I get no bus. They pulled codes and we got p1694 and p1698.

What do I need to do? Replace the guage set??

So you have a no-bus but the engine kept running right?

If memory serves me correctly, the solution in most cases is to remove the gauge cluster and clean the contacts of the cluster. The application of dialectric grease to the electrical contacts will also help greatly.

Already did that when I first got the no bus problem.

This may sound odd but can someone provide a pic of the head to firewall ground? That's the one thing I messed with before all the problems and I just want to make sure that it's installed correctly

Back