• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ Mainfold Swap Questions

desertfox1023

NAXJA Forum User
Need some help from those who've done the 99+ Manifold Swap.
Yes, I've read about every forum I can find on this.

Parts I have in the works:
99+ Intake Manifold
96+ Steering Pump Bracket
Set of 703 Fuel Injectors
94 TB Bored 60mm

The problem:
I don't have a pump for the 96+ bracket.

So the question:
How do I make my 94 Pump work in the 96+ bracket, which tensioner style and belt routing do I do?

I have a 96 and did the swap so I can't comment on how to make the pump work, the one thing I will say is I would heat tile the bottom of the intale and do a header at the same time(if you haven't done one).

you need a new style pump, and have to change over to the new belt routing. leave out your current idler pulley and use the new one.. you might have to grind a little off of the timing marks by the crank pulley.

You will have to slightly clearance the right side of the timing cover just above the timing marks. The cylinder of aluminum just above the timing marks needs to be taken down about 3/8". Easy with a flap wheel. Belt routing basically stays the same except wrap around the water pump pulley on the opposite side of how it is stock. This allows you to utilize the tensioner correctly. I don't know what belt length you'll need though.

Back