• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'98 stock XJ w/ 117K miles $3,500 obo

Gotlift01

NAXJA Forum User
It's time to start thinning my heard of vehicles, so I'm gonna throw this one on the market. I bought this for my wife last winter to drive on snowy days to work, but this past summer I bought her a new SUV so we no longer have a use for this.

It's a '98 XJ sport. Power windows, power locks, cruise control, A/C... Currently it has 117,978 miles on it, and shouldn't be going any higher since it just sits now.

Body is in good shape. Has a couple dings and scratches here and there, but for the age and mileage, it looks nice. The pictures are somewhat deceiving on the color...it's a deep deep purple, and not black. The door molding was removed prior to me buying it. The flares and bumper caps have also been painted black as they were extremely faded.

The interior is in great shape. Carpet is still nice and clean, and no holes or stains in the seats.

Mechanically it is in good shape. It has the usual combo; 4.0L, AW4, 231, D30 front axle, 29 spline 8.25 rear axle. Also has a towing package on it, with a factory Mopar tranny cooler on it. Motor runs great ( averaged 18 mpg ), tranny shifts excellent, and there is no drivetrain vibrations or growls at all.

The bad:
*Could use a new windshield
*Tires are getting pretty thin. Still have a few thousand left in them, but they are getting close to the wear bars.

Blue book puts it at $3,800, so I'll start at $3,500 OBO and go from there. Also have title in hand. I don't log on here very often to check PM's, so you can either reply to this add with a phone number, or email me at [email protected] .

IMG00838-20101203-1459.jpg

IMG00841-20101203-1501.jpg

IMG00839-20101203-1500.jpg

IMG00799-20101122-1055.jpg

IMG00800-20101122-1055.jpg

IMG00801-20101122-1055.jpg

IMG00802-20101122-1057.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

Im going to postpone the sale of the jeep for a few days. While cleaning it up today I discovered some electrical gremlins that need to be fixed before I will sell it to someone.

So I'm hoping to dig into it tomorrow night and get this sorted out. I'll post back when everything is fixed and ready to go. I just don't want to waste anyone's time.

Thanks.

HaHa, can you imaging Mike driving a Purple Jeep? It'll be the Purple Rocker Eater. :D

HaHa, can you imaging Mike driving a Purple Jeep? It'll be the Purple Rocker Eater. :D

That's what I was thinking..... then I remember he's got a fetish for rattle can. It'd be white a week after buying it.

:shhh:

Nah . I don't want a rig to destroy. Want something like the green jeep. Clean and capable. Just to camp and have fun.

I want that XJ!!! I could care less if its purple, its a nice ride, and very clean!!! Id sell or trade my rig straight up just to get that and drive it till it has the miles my current one has then build her up from there.

Last edited:
Another update:

Got one of the electrical issues solved. The windows and keyless entry decided not to want to work...came to the conclusion that the window lock switch was causing it. I bypassed it, and now everything works like a charm!

The other issue I haven't tackled yet. I'll hopefully have some time tomorrow night to work on it some more.

Hopefully this weekend I'll have it ready to start showing people.

Also, I took some pics of under of the hood in case anyone cared.
motor2.jpg

motor1.jpg

Another update:

Got one of the electrical issues solved. The windows and keyless entry decided not to want to work...came to the conclusion that the window lock switch was causing it. I bypassed it, and now everything works like a charm!

The other issue I haven't tackled yet. I'll hopefully have some time tomorrow night to work on it some more.

Hopefully this weekend I'll have it ready to start showing people.

Also, I took some pics of under of the hood in case anyone cared.
motor2.jpg

motor1.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!!

Back