• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 Gauges

Remi,

This is an OLD topic... that continues to resurface...
Did this swap over 4 years ago and the mileage difference between the idiot light IC and the full gauges IC is approximately 30K higher..
The instrument cluster I am using comes from a 97 XJ and the problems I ran into were rear defroster not working due to IC timer not working... and windshield washer indicator staying illuminated... BOTH of these problems are caused by bus pin wiring differences....
I HAVE verified this with 97 & 98 XJ FSM wiring schematics....
SO.... when are we going to do the swap....

Charles

Make a sticker that shows the actual mileage at the time of the swap and the mileage shown on the new cluster. Put it on the B pillar by the VIN plate. Then when you sell it you mark "not actual mileage" and note the difference. I've seen some like that here in MI.

ditto the leave the odo as it is. mark the exact mileage loss or gain, and keep good track. its usefull when determining the maint schedule on other items -tires, shocks, o2, etc. don't worry about it unless you sell it. then just disclose the actual mileage, which can be backed up with a cpu reading. i did the dame thing, "lost" 36k miles. best swap/install i have doen yet on the rig. mines a 5-spd, so not having a tach was freakin insane. what was mopar thinkin?

Back