• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ Brakes Upgrade

jforse said:
Thats too bad. Would have liked to save some machining time. Looks like I need to make my own. As far as substandard parts go. I have a set of Brembo slotted rotors and factory ford calipers along with EBC Greenstuff pads, so they are not inferior quality parts. Looks like a great kit!
If the apps are the Ford Explorer you're off to a good start. I'd dump the slotted rotors, EBC green is good as well as Factory Ford. However, if you have already used the green pads and broke them in, then you pretty much have to keep the rotors you broke them in with.

There's pictures of the knuckles I machine and the brackets I use all over the place to get you a head start on doing it yourself. I'd love to see how that goes.

Vancopbs said:
If the apps are the Ford Explorer you're off to a good start. I'd dump the slotted rotors, EBC green is good as well as Factory Ford. However, if you have already used the green pads and broke them in, then you pretty much have to keep the rotors you broke them in with.

There's pictures of the knuckles I machine and the brackets I use all over the place to get you a head start on doing it yourself. I'd love to see how that goes.

The slotted rotors were free. EBC pads are new. Calipers are the Bigger Sport-trac calipers. I have a couple chunks of 7075 t-6 that I was thinking of using for the brackets.

Back