• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96XJ performance mods advice??

Taking the XJ to a local shop, a few friends referred me. They can hopefully troubleshoot and diagnose the issue. She is running great other than that miss. The combination of the 264 cam, big valve head, 63mm TB and exhaust made quiet a difference specially low to mid-range power. It pulls real strong. Right now is geared with the factory 3.73 gears. I'm going to get the (front and rear) 4.10 gears. I think with the 31s that's a good street & off road combo. Any recommendations on gear brands?? G2, Yukon....

I am currently dealing with the same issue with my 4.7L stroker. I have pulled the cover 3 times and I still dont have it quite right. When its running and I check with my scan tool it says 25* of timing at idle. When I try to rev the engine i get little to no response, I feel like a am yet again a tooth off. I have used a piston stop in the past to set the timing but never a degree wheel. The installation from JP performance leave something to be desired at the least. It sounds and looks like I need to the cam a tooth or two past the dots to get the timing spot on. I puilled the cover and timing set because of damage from the balancer to the cover, I figured while I'm in here replace it all for a little insurance and a ton of frustation. any suggestions are appreciated...

Back