• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 4 Door 5-spd New Drivetrain - PA

jhendry51

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I'm considering selling my XJ that I've been working on near constantly for the past 4 years. Basically it's a fun vehicle that I never get to have fun in anymore, so I'd like him to go to someone that will continue the build I started. On to the good stuff:

3" Lift - 3" RC coils, 3.5" procomp rear leaf packs, ext sway bar links, no name white shocks
31" Duratracs with at least 50% life left in them, only 2 years and about 15-20k miles on the tires. Wrapped around Black Rock Dune wheels
Brand new AX-15 5 spd trans, this is a heavy duty trans (built by rsgear.com)
New clutch, RAM billet steel flywheel, master/slave cylinders, and rear main seal
New NP231J transfer case with SYE installed
New rear driveshaft, just a basic neapco unit
2000 8.25 rear swapped in (29 spline shafts)
-Rear disc brake conversion (94-98 ZJ Brakes)
-4.10 Gears front and rear
-Solid Diff covers front and rear
-Rear LSD
Front axle just rebuilt
-New U-Joints
-Alloy USA Axle Shaft Seals
-Axle Shafts out of a 98, great shape
Engine has always had Synth oil while I've had it, and when the shop was doing the clutch I had them do the oil pump as well, holds perfect oil pressure at all times
Heavy duty front bumper, looks like a Tomken to me but unsure of make
Grand Cherokee leather front seats
Hyline offroad hood vents

The bad:
Heater core seems to be clogged
CEL is on for Evap Purge Solenoid. $27 part that I'll be replacing pre-sale anyway.
Front DS needs a new U-joint. I have a front shaft that could be bolted in for 4wd, but the slip joint is bad. You'll get 2 front DS for the truck, and a spare rear as well.
Body is in meh shape, dents, scratches, and primer paint smattered over it. It's a black Jeep and as you can see above I focused on how it drove, not how it looked
Underside has some rust. No major cancer, but floorboards will need attention in the next 5 years (yes I had/have a 5 year plan for this thing)
Interior is a mess. I've used it to haul all my tools and crap around for 4 years, so the rear seat is stained up and the cargo area is bedlined. Passenger's floor has no carpet, I wanted to see if there was any rust through there so I cut it out. Just an unfinished project at that point.
238k miles - Drivetrain was replaced, so really I don't put much stock in this.

I've been driving my Jeep less and less over this past year, and when I do drive it, it always seems like I find something else I want to upgrade/fix, and it's never any of the fun stuff like armor or lift. So rather than having my OCD about having a perfect running vehicle continue to stress me out over the Jeep, I'm considering selling it.
I have been on the fence for a while, so I'm figuring this is more of a feeler ad. I'd be looking to get $4500 for the truck to get back a little of the money I've put into it. Located in Mont Clare PA, 19453.
No pics yet (I will have some this weekend), but if there is serious interest then I'd be happy to throw some up/text you any you'd like to see (shoot me a PM for contact info).
Ugh. Just typing this ad was depressing haha.

No way to sugar coat this, so I'll just give it to you straight.

Your Jeep is worth $1,500 and maybe $2,000 if you get really really lucky with just the right buyer. It sucks, I know, I've been there. But that's just the way it is.

Yeah I know the market is saturated with junk, I'm just hoping that someone that knows what they're looking at makes a fair offer. Most likely outcome is I keep him and continue pouring money into it.

Back