• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 MJ with rebuilt 4.0 with Mopar camshaft $1500 Firm or trade for xj

tcf26

NAXJA Forum User
have a 91 MJ(COmanche) Short bed with 4.0 HO Auto 2WD with a rebuilt engine with only 3000 miles on it, with aftermarket mopar camshaft and high volumn oil pump. Body is in good shape no rust showing. All body work was done with metal welded in. I am half way through a 4wd conversion to it and I have the front and rear axles with 3.73's as well as a 4wd AW4 with 100,000 miles on it. I did the overhead console from a cherokee in the comanche and looks real good, the one with the temp gauge and compass. It also has the floor shifter inplace of the column shifter. The column shifter is still there just not hooked up, I was in the process of getting a new column. I have a brand 02 sensor for it as well. The exhaust was just fixed and I put on my Ravin muffler from my other XJ. It needs a pint job but looks okay, has two dents in the passenger side door. Colour is black. I also did the full gauge swap as well. I also have 3" lift springs for it to level it out. I will give pics to anyone asking for them. Asking $1500 firm or I would prefer a straight up trade for a 4.0 XJ prefer anything 88-9? needs to be auto 4.0 and 4wd and 4dr. Prefer one with good body, no rotted rockers(asking too much!!LOL!!) anyway thought I would throw it out there. I have my parts xj to fix anything up. The engine in my MJ cost $1800 alone to have it done. Runs like crazy! Floors were repaired but for the most part they were in good shape. I used Por-15 top and bottom and in the door frames as well. Sealed up nicely. I had it undercoated this winter as well with oil undercoating not the hard stuff that Ziebart uses. Made a big difference in how it handled the salt.

Currently my DD oh and has a brand new rad when engine done. Open style system.

Located in southeast MI.

Pics up tomorrow

If you were closer I would have an 89 4x4 xj that I could trade.--------------Kyle

91 MJ (Comanche) with rebuilt 4.0HO with Mopar camshaft trade for ???

edit* What trades can someone offer? I am looking at an economical car now to save on the gas with decent mileage, got the bug for my 94 Probe GT again so that is my first choice now over anything else 93-97 probe gt and has to be gt not base but I will entertain anything vehicle that is intersting and good on gas.

4x4 axle is in now and 2" lift springs to get it closer to level

Pics up tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
If only you were closer.

jeepXJ.jpg

I dont think you would want it anyways with 300,000 miles.

-Dillon

You know you people down south have it so good with no salt on the roads. The body looks great and yes I think I would have a tough time justifying the mileage

Maybe i can get this sold and buy yours straight up. Did you say you already convertered it fully to 4wd? Also would you trust it to drive all the way back to Houston texas? I drove my jeep 1,500 miles in feb. without any problems at all and that is with 300,000 miles on the odometer. So you can say i trust Jeeps (and the 4.0) very much. I am seriously considering getting rid of this fast to buy your truck. I am guessing you need it sold soon?

-Dillon

EDIT: I would also like to say that I am not sure if my jeep has been rebuilt. It runs really good so it wouldnt surprize me if it had. Just letting you know if you do consider trading it has a "new" transmission (used but with like 60k miles) and a new power steering pump. :)

Last edited:
no not really I am more looking for a trade but I am still wieghing my options. It is not full 4x4 just have the 4x4 front axle in it right now and the shifter but I have the trans at home and I still need the t-case and the rear driveshaft, oh and I have the front driveshaft. THe $500 is just as it sat as 2x4 I am asking $1800 with the 4x4 stuff unless it was a trade then I would have thrown in the 4x4 to sweeten up the trade. I am not in a big hurry to sell it.

Back