• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 Cherokee

TB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
1991 Cherokee Limited
P/S P/B A/C AUTO
4.0 HO (285,000 miles, runs great, no leaks)
New Water Pump
Tinted Windows
Interior Good Shape
Exterior Good Shape

It has:

36x12.50 15 TSL's
(5) 15x10 Black Steelies
4.5 inch lift
Leaf Conversion Up Front (needs a little work, anyone with basic fab skills could fix this)
RE Stainless Steel Brake Lines
WAGGY AXLES:
Dana 44 front
AMC 20 Rear (one piece axle shafts)
2.72 gears (planned to re-gear never got around to it)

$1500 takes it.

download.php

How far are you from Sikeston? I go there to the DeWitt farm machinery auction. I'd like to have your XJ...but I don't really wanna go that far. If a DeWitt auction is coming up soon (I'll have to check) I might be able to have a buddy of mine haul it back w/Semi-&-trailer.
Thanks
Aron

very nice. can you be a little more specific on what needs finished? you said it has a d44 front and amc 20 rear. auto or stick? what transfer case? hows the rust? do you have any more pics? is there a reason for selling,and selling so cheap?

Basically the guy who did the leaf conversion didn't know much about suspension geometry, he tried to pull a shackle reversal and just hung the shackles off the bottom of the unibody. The front of the springs are higher and at an upward angle which makes for horrible bumpsteer. For this reason I have been unable to use the front driveshaft because of the suspensions front and back movement. Leveling the springs out should be easy.

It's an automatic AW4 tranny, and it has an NP231 Part Time T-Case. It has almost no rust except for the back edge of the rocker on the passenger side. Reason for selling it is what I listed above and I'm no fabricator (don't have the space or the tools to do it) and I'm too broke right now to pay someone else to do it.

I can take any pictures inside and out that you want.

hint for the day, bring it to CA
ON the real, that is a good looking cherokee at a good price. Just finish up the conversion and then it will be a lot more marketable. Good luck with it.

There is about 90 % tread or more on those 36's, they have their scrapes and chunks missing but have all kinds of tread. I can take any pics you want but it's dark now so they wouldn't do you much good.

Back