• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91-96 xj lifts-header

CustomCrawler

NAXJA Forum User
I had a 1988 cherokee awhile ago and sold it and bought a baja bug, and fixed it up, drove it for awhile sold it, and been driving around a little yota 2wd, and thinking about a cherokee again.

I know 91-96 are same but is there any year inbetween that is better then the others?

What is the best, cheapest header? best lift kit? a Rubicon Express 3.5" super flex with some rubicon twin tube shocks, and some quick disco's? What is a good tire for daily driving, but also snow and mud, and all. Trxus mt?

I know 91-96 are same but is there any year inbetween that is better then the others?

I'm partial to the 96 but that is the first year of OBD2 and all of its occasional stupidity. 91-95 are almost the same with a few minor changes, OBD1 is so stupid that it is smart

I like my 90 RENIX the best though for dependability and ease of diagnosis and I speak from experience. We have a 90', 94', (3)96's, and a 00'. Yep its a sickness.

Go back into Mod Tech and read in there. You will find info on all of the lifts you're asking about. Some like Rusty's, others hate it. Almost everyone will go for RE. There are other options out there for varying prices. OEM tech will have most of the answers as to differences in model years. I have a 96. I like it. That's my only experience though.

i like my 95. got the airbag, none of the obd2 stuff to deal with. and i think 95 was the peak HP year? after that i think smog laws started choking ponies out of the motors. i could be wrong tho :dunno:

Back