• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'91 4.0 build

And a spy picture of the shackles a buddy and I are working on.
downsized950716001106.jpg

Mail man dropped off my tj swaybar today, with rubicon express quick disconnects. I hate how the xj bars bend down toward the ground in the middle.
My long arms will have a lot of flex,
this should help me out with handling on the street.

0720101506.jpg

0720101725.jpg

0720101515.jpg

Last edited:
Planning a NAXJA wheeling/camping trip next weekend. About a 6 hour drive to the trail.
I finally got my other frame plate welded on. Been driving around with only the driver side for a month lol.

you can see here that the fit was pretty crappy, needed to be an inch higher, I had to trim quite a bit off for it to fit rite
Picture023-1.jpg

My crappy torch work (I was in a mood)
Picture024-1.jpg

all welded up, Its not perfect but o well, it'll work
Picture025-1.jpg

Re: cheapy welder build

Yeah, I plan to build a cover over the tank. Either plywood, sheet metal, or aluminum, not to sure yet. I want to move my battery back there first and rig up a fuel fill adapter, after all, this is my daily driver.
Picture-1.jpg

Where did you get the fuel 'door' from? Also, any pics on how the fuel fill line attaches to the fuel door?

Nice build.

I flexed out the xj today. I wanted to get some measurements before installing my new shackles, to see if there any improvements.
Picture199.jpg

not bad for short arms
Picture200.jpg

the shackle on the other side was bottoming out
Picture202.jpg

The new shackles are in R and D and currently have some major clearance issues. They'll need some more modifications to fit. The idea is for a bolt on setup, with out any mods. Heres a picture of them in the stock location:
Picture203.jpg

quick question about your cowl induction. did you make that mounting plate to the firewall or did you buy it? if you bought it where did you buy it from? that's a clean looking install of it man...

Back