• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 XJ won't start

Thayer03

NAXJA Forum User
I am running outaa ideas. It makes a click when you turn it over but it doesn't acually turn over. Lotsa battery, The starter seems to be working. I put my hand on it while the wife turned the key and it feels like it is trying to turn it over. I even tried with the booster cables on and still nothing. Pulled off cap but nothing seems to be wrong in there. Even if there was it should still be able to turn over. I can manually turn the crank.

Any ideas?

Randy Thayer

Update. I went and removed the starter but left the power to it and no turn turn, but then again now I don't even get a click. Therefor tomorrow morning I will get my test light and check the battery,solenoid,starter combo and let ya'll know!

Thanks

Randy Thayer

I would just take the starter to autozoo or one of those placeas that offers free testing and get it checked... if you need a replacement do not buy the autozoo duralast or the advance worldwide brand... either get a borgwarner or a napa or better yet get a real eletrical shop to fix it... 5-90 on here has an electrical guy.. im going to use him the next time i need electrical parts even though he is on the other side of the country something tells me he is better then whoever remans them for all the crazy part houses

sounds good on the replacement... a nice easy fix... Napa and Beck Arnley starters are the best of the best in the store brand remans... Hope you can get one where you live

Back