• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$90 dollar flux core welder...any good?

for the price it is probably good for learning the basics. But it will not be able to weld anything major. You should not be using that to weld bumpers and skids. It would work fine for body and floor pan sheet metal repair though.

Welders still remain one of those places where you get what you pay for.

A former member long silent here (Eagle) got one of those a few years ago, and was sorely disappointed. As I recall, it worked, but just not well enough to be considered a good tool. One big shortcoming he found was that it lacked fine adjustment, so it was very difficult to match the weld to the material.

the short answer: No.

if you never plan to get a good clean weld on anything thicker than 1/8": yes

A former member long silent here (Eagle) got one of those a few years ago, and was sorely disappointed. As I recall, it worked, but just not well enough to be considered a good tool. One big shortcoming he found was that it lacked fine adjustment, so it was very difficult to match the weld to the material.

What ever happened to Eagle?

thanks alot guys...just saved me 90 bucks lol

Eagle is alive and well over on Comancheclub.

Back