• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 YJ failed emissions please help

the blue is vent for t-case. remember its vacuum controlled and its got to release its pressure somewhere. where does the black one go??? on my 90 i6 the only black one near there is cruise control.

mine has 2 black ones one that is part odf the secondary yellow one to actuate the 4wd light switch and the other black one goes to the t-case.

The large black one i mentioned before is just a vent fot the t-case housing, looks exactly like the other 4 231's I have laying around for non vacume disco front axel setups

ok a update

To date Ive replaced/adjusted/fixed:
plugs
wires
cap
rotor
o2 sensor
egr valve
fixed 2 vacume leaks
leaned out carb 1/4 turn
seafoam treament both in tank and in carb 2 times now

Things Ill be doing soon
oil change
and getting a new cat

Im fairly sure the cat is not working, I bought a inferred tempreture gun and after running for 20 minutes around my yard (10 acres) the cat's temp was 15 degrees cooler than the pipe entering it and the pipe exiting was about 10 less than the cat so obviously its not burning anything. so I decided to make it run rich and see if it would heat up and after about 15 minutes of running rich the temps were lower than before but the 15 and 10 degree difernces were still there. so I do believe my cat has biten the big one.

Back