• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ Front end with pictures

Stock arm.

from what I see in the vid...

2 things--
upper control arm bushing on passenger side seams way loose side to side movement..

Track bar mount hole looks to be elongated - that bolt is moving side to side opposite to itself when moving. (yes I know you loosened it) No matter how tight you get the TB bolt, if the holes are elongated it will still move under load.
----Alot of people to help with that will weld a washer to the front side if the appropriate size. The better option if you can is to drill out the hole in the TB itself and the hole in the TB mount to 1 size bigger if you can so everything in tight again. Of course you will need a new bolt of the correct size as well.

from what I see in the vid...

2 things--
upper control arm bushing on passenger side seams way loose side to side movement..

Track bar mount hole looks to be elongated - that bolt is moving side to side opposite to itself when moving. (yes I know you loosened it) No matter how tight you get the TB bolt, if the holes are elongated it will still move under load.
----Alot of people to help with that will weld a washer to the front side if the appropriate size. The better option if you can is to drill out the hole in the TB itself and the hole in the TB mount to 1 size bigger if you can so everything in tight again. Of course you will need a new bolt of the correct size as well.

I went outside and double checked it. There is a spot where you can see the bolt seats on the mount. If there was movement in the bold wouldn't there be some shiny/clean metal around the head of the bolt where it moved?

I changed out the upper and lower control arm bushings, and let me tell you I almost had a stroke. The first set of uppers I got so frustrated with that I had to just quit and drink beer. Luckily after a good 10/12 hours of almost calling a mechanic that had a better way to press the bushings i got them all replaced.

NO MORE CRAZY DEATH WOBBLE... yet.

It does have a slight bouncy feeling when you slow down to make a turn or something. I adjusted toe from 0 to an 1/8th in as well. I also retorqued all suspension bolts to spec. It's almost not noticeable but im ocd..

Back