• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'89 XJ For Sale

Economos

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, this vehicle has been my DD/ trail vehicle since I turned 16. The Jeep needs upper balljoints last I checked (could possible need lowers as well), a new driver-side unit bearing hub and a heater-core. AC runs but isn't very cold.

Specs:

- 1989 Jeep XJ Cherokee; 4 door
- 4.0 Liter
- AW4
- NP231
- HP Dana 30/ Dana 35
- Midnight blue paint
- 270K miles; rebuilt @ 205K

Aftermarket:

- RE 4.5" coils (netted 5" settled)
- RE adustable trackbar w/ heim
- RE SuperFlex adjustable LCAs
- 3" Rusty's leafs w/ 2" blocks and 1.5" shackles (netted 6" settled)
- TeraFlex TJ long travel shocks at all corners
- Home made f/r bumpers
- hacked fenders
- CRS weld on rock rails
- 33x10.5 BFGoodrich MT/km on 15x8 TJ Canyons
- JKS disconnects
- GDI 3-core radiator
- Ford 19lb injectors

The oil has been kept changed on a regular basis with Mobile 10w30 and K&N filers. There is nothing wrong with the engine, trans. or transfercase (although the fluids probably need to be changed in the trans and t-case). The 4.0L runs fine and the AW4 and 231 shift smooth as well. The carpet and headliner have been removed for Rhino-lining, but I never started on the lining. It has been wheeled in Uwharrie and in a few other trails around NC; some mud, but mostly rock.

New parts added this year:

- stock exhaust manifold
- water pump
- harmonic balancer
- altenator
- battery
- serp. belt
- starter
- front pass. unit-bearing hub
- front pass. caliper
- master cylinder
- Bosch O2 sensor
- Bosch plugs and wires
- Ford 5.0 19lb injectors from Summit

As I said, the vehicle is no where near perfect; there have been many parts I have replaced over the years in order to maintain its DD duties; some new parts have been added with in the last year. If you want specifics, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me and I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

I'm asking $2k obo as it stands; I'm located in Wrightsville Beach, NC 28405. Thanks.

Just fixed the driver side upper ball joint, unit-bearing hub and new brake pads. Still up for grabs fellas. :eyes:

Back