• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ A/C Help?

b5blue

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to fix the A/C on my 89 4.0 5 speed XJ. It's bone stock and running great but A/C is not even raising idle when turned on. Any good starting points to check for why it is not working? I've checked the compressor clutch by jumping 12 volts and it works fine. I've by passed the low pressure switch briefly and that made no difference. I have a factory service manual and am good with electrical, I'm just not sure where to check next. (I tested the relay and it works, it's just not turning on.)

No, the A/C relay is not coming on to feed power there. The darn thing acts dead, I'm pulling the dash to check for power at the switch next I guess. Thanks

I tested it for function, it works, the signal that turns it on is missing. (I've got the dash open and testing the switch at the rear of the A/C Heater control now.

Back