• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'89 Wrangler

ryderxxxmc

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, I just picked up a 1989 Jeep Wrangler. It's got the leafsprings all the way around and I was wondering what type of lift would you guys recommend for this vehicle. I want to go somewhere between 4-8" of lift totally.

What size tires do you think i should go w/ and do what else do I need to do (tcase drop, sye, gearing...etc.) ?

Thanks everyone. Anything is appreciated since this is my first jeep that I'll be lifting.

ryderxxxmc said:
Hey everyone, I just picked up a 1989 Jeep Wrangler. It's got the leafsprings all the way around and I was wondering what type of lift would you guys recommend for this vehicle. I want to go somewhere between 4-8" of lift totally.

What size tires do you think i should go w/ and do what else do I need to do (tcase drop, sye, gearing...etc.) ?

Thanks everyone. Anything is appreciated since this is my first jeep that I'll be lifting.
And you're asking this on a Cherokee board, why? Take it to "Other Tech" or a YJ forum for best results.

spring over on 4" lift springs with 4" lift blocks front and rear should get you close to 8" of lift. you can easily run 33's on this setup and wheel it hard with no breakage. for best results, dont run a traction bar. HTH :wave:

Back