• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 MJ Totalled, the Resurrection!

That's awesome that it's back on the road...nice work.

Thanks!

From this;

0220120743.jpg

To this;
Its street legal now! He just has to save money for paint. I had my buddy at Brambleton Auto Repair pick it over real good since the last time it ran, it was upside down in a creek! He said he even sniffed the tail-pipe and its running clean(even though we do not have emmisions inspection here) The old RENIX system is doing its job!

1207120951.jpg

1207120741.jpg

1207120742.jpg

1207120743.jpg

1207120744.jpg

1207120745.jpg

Have you attempted to get the bumps and bruises out of the bed or can I just not see them in the picture. I see that the huge 4/4 is gone. lol

The bed is done except 2 very small dings on the pass side. The major dent on the drivers side is repaired with Chromalite and coated with Omni high build primer.

Sure thing Jon! Was great catching up and checking it out up close. (oh and I'm still trailreadyxj on here, lol)

No hood

1222121401_zps87e157bb.jpg

New hood. This is a aftermarket hood that I picked up for $20 in Mt Airy NC. Ron filled in a couple of low spots and I primed with some Omni high build primer

1222121440_zps6235bb20.jpg

We had to get a new windshield as well. The one we had installed leaked badly so the windshield place put another one on and we used a gasket in place of the tin trim that came from the factory

Last edited:
It made me sick to see the "before and after" shots of this... when the "after" shot was of this Comanche upside down at the edge of a creek. Short of paint, it's as good now as it was before the accident!

It made me sick to see the "before and after" shots of this... when the "after" shot was of this Comanche upside down at the edge of a creek. Short of paint, it's as good now as it was before the accident!

Its actually better. We left some dings here and there on the first paint job since most of his money went into the mechanical issues. This time around the mechanics of the truck was fine we just needed to get it straight again and we decided to take it a step further and fix all of the dings and dents. When the paint goes on this time it will be much better looking.

Its actually better. We left some dings here and there on the first paint job since most of his money went into the mechanical issues. This time around the mechanics of the truck was fine we just needed to get it straight again and we decided to take it a step further and fix all of the dings and dents. When the paint goes on this time it will be much better looking.

*like*

now find him a beater XJ to trail ride on so the MJ stays pavement queen

Back