• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Comanche build thread

How much you looking to get for those

oh I don't know. I'll have to measure to be sure they'll fit between your wheels. Get me a rough estimate of what you've got between the wheels, these were a bit short on my longbed, so they may fit really nicely on a SWB. IIRC they were about 100" long, there's a spot for attaching to the pinch seam with self tappers like the JCR rails, and four legs with two bolt holes a piece for the frame.

I forget the member name but they were made out of some tacoma rails for me by a member in AZ.

Shoot me a number and I'll measure them this weekend and if they'll fit we can talk price and delivery to WF.

This is the only picture I have of them installed.

DSCF0610.jpg

I even went to look back at previous wheeling photos, but they were only on briefly before I realized that me trying to keep the body nice was futile, it's just not in my nature to care about sheetmetal.

looks like about 81 inches bud! thanks man, Ive got a freind whos pretty interested in them, if he doesnt want them chances are good Ill take em of he doesnt want them.

Heres an update. Finally got around to taking better pics of my shifter set up. here goes.

its a bit fuzzy, sorry but you can see how i connected it. It kinda comes up and over so it pivots here a bit to.

GEDC0157.jpg

I used a heim here, it works great..

GEDC0158.jpg

stupid camera. haha, I took like 4 pictures of it before I said &^*% it. to top it off, I think I uploaded the worst of the 4.

So, I would assume the hand is back in operation. Any new developments on this thing? Have the chances of it making a WF appearance improved any?

Ill be a at winterfest, Ill be driving my DD, so no wheelin for me. I however, will be writing an article for the NAXJA newsletter. So scope me out if you want your comments in it. Ill be the drunk guy in the santa hat...lol.

About my truck, yes. I ripped that t-19 out. I scored a T-5 5 speed out of 93 foxbody. I know..i know, "WHAT!! A CAR TRANSMISSION!?" but, its a tough trans, and If I ever wanna end up runnin a t-case, It'll be a divorced atlas or something. I have a new goal with this truck as well, I plan on running it at the sand drag at the dunes in Michigan.

ok so its been a loooonnngg time since an update, moslty due to time restrictions. Anyway, Ive gotten alot done since I stuck the trusty ole t-5 in.

I have gotten my complete serpentine system figured out. I ordered alot of stuff from march preformance, and got a power steering pump out of a lincoln town car. Problem is getting the lines to fit to a jeep box. Napa crimps hoses around here so Ill just take the hoses there.

I got a radiator from radiator barn, the three core. Its a great unit, and I highly reccomend it. Belive it or not, an off-the-shelf upper hose actually fit. i was stunned.

The rest of the motor got finished out as well, plugged a hole in the pan, fished out a couple broken bolts (and a tap) and got my motor mounts clearneced and finished up my tranny mount.

I ordered a wiring harness and began wiring it. Shes almost done, wipers and front lighting set aside its wired.

I ordered shocks, fronts came, rears back ordered. Screw you pro-comp.

I got the brakes all done (minus the in-rotor e-brake and linkage)

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I Started the motor last night at around 6 ocklock. neighboors werent happy when I seated the rings haha open headers are loud.

Next on the chopping block, I have to get u-joints, install my drive shaft, get the e-brake thing figured out, figure out a way to run a clutch cable instead of the stock hydraulic, get the wiring buttoned up, get a fender on it, and order some carpet. finish up the front end, it needs tie rods and a couple other things. then I can drive the damned thing for a while. If it all goes to plan, Ill be driving her to WF this year. (hopefully I dont stick a rod thorugh the block before then) anyway, Ill take some pics tomorow or the next day and post them up.

ok so its been a loooonnngg time since an update, moslty due to time restrictions. Anyway, Ive gotten alot done since I stuck the trusty ole t-5 in.

I have gotten my complete serpentine system figured out. I ordered alot of stuff from march preformance, and got a power steering pump out of a lincoln town car. Problem is getting the lines to fit to a jeep box. Napa crimps hoses around here so Ill just take the hoses there.

I got a radiator from radiator barn, the three core. Its a great unit, and I highly reccomend it. Belive it or not, an off-the-shelf upper hose actually fit. i was stunned.

The rest of the motor got finished out as well, plugged a hole in the pan, fished out a couple broken bolts (and a tap) and got my motor mounts clearneced and finished up my tranny mount.

I ordered a wiring harness and began wiring it. Shes almost done, wipers and front lighting set aside its wired.

I ordered shocks, fronts came, rears back ordered. Screw you pro-comp.

I got the brakes all done (minus the in-rotor e-brake and linkage)

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I Started the motor last night at around 6 ocklock. neighboors werent happy when I seated the rings haha open headers are loud.

Next on the chopping block, I have to get u-joints, install my drive shaft, get the e-brake thing figured out, figure out a way to run a clutch cable instead of the stock hydraulic, get the wiring buttoned up, get a fender on it, and order some carpet. finish up the front end, it needs tie rods and a couple other things. then I can drive the damned thing for a while. If it all goes to plan, Ill be driving her to WF this year. (hopefully I dont stick a rod thorugh the block before then) anyway, Ill take some pics tomorow or the next day and post them up.

I was wondering what you were up to! About time you updated this!

Hey give the guy a break He spent Saturday helping me replace pretty much the whole cooling system on my heep.

Craig you are the man.

BTW the thing is running cooler than i am if you can belive that :)

Thanks again man now get back to work on that MJ so we can go to the dunes

okay, so I realize most of these photos revolve around the wiring harness, and to be truthfull, rightfully so. I spent so much time researching wiring hanesses and finding new products that work great, and old prouducts that still suck. Any way, the one I setteled on is from Speedway Motors, and the manufacturer is Mr. Roadster. The 20 circuit harness only costed about a buck and a half, if youve never looked into this type of thing, then let me put that into perspetive for you. A similar kit from Painless ordered from any of its distributors is going to run almost four and a half, anf that kit is only 14 circuits. So here are the pics of a few things ive been tinkering with.

Engine compartment, as it sits now. If yu have any questions on what brand and where I got someting just ask.
2011-08-27_10-34-35_471.jpg

Twin Filters
2011-08-27_10-35-11_214.jpg

Electric fans. They were so kindly donated by a wrecked 01' Intrepid
2011-08-27_10-34-55_496.jpg

Main fuse block
2011-08-27_10-35-37_128.jpg

Belive it or not, all of these conectors in the kit plugged right in. The little on ontop is for the dimmer switch and the bigger one is for the turn signals, hazards, wipers, yo know, crap like that.
2011-08-27_10-36-32_288.jpg

Brake switch
2011-08-27_10-36-16_561.jpg

The kit also icluded GM style connectors (all connectors were GM style, We'll get into that in a second) for the ignition switch. This thing is actully wired just like a chevy too. (im not happy about it, but t is what it is)
2011-08-27_10-35-58_490.jpg

Obviouly no pick-up of mine is complete without one of these.
2011-08-27_10-37-02_149.jpg

anyway, like I was saying, the steering column in this jeep must have bee built y Delco-Remy, who as yo all know manufactured just about everything for GM. So ordereing the harness with the connectors for a chevy worked out great. It was pretty much a plug and play ordeal. the only bitch of it is that I have to make a little harness for the wipers. I havent really dug into it, but it shouldn't be too bad. Everythg works great though. She runs well, minus the lope in the cam, it gives her a real rough idle, but at WOT she screams. Thanks for following my build by the way guys, and dont worry there is much more to come. Hopefully Ill be bringig her to WF and drag racing her in the quarry.

Back