• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 with factory tow option

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
My 88 came with I believe the class 1/2 tow package as it has a factory trailer light connector and nutstrips in the frame

It has a 5 pin flat connector but it's too big for any current adapters I could find. I'd rather not have to splice in a replacement. Has anyone run into this before?

Looks like nobody could help?
All I can suggest is to go to etrailer.com. If you don't see what they have on their website a quick phone call will get you in touch with someone who does trailers and lighting all day.

I have an 88 with factory tow. Class 1 hitch, LSD, Aux cooler, full size spare. Never towed anything. Does have the 5 wire connector.

How many pins on the trailer? A 4 pin flat trailer side should still fit on the 5 pin Jeep side. The "odd ball" is the ground. You'll have one pin empty (trailer brakes).

Check out:

https://www.etrailer.com/question-46983.html

Other wire you'll need to wire an adapter.

It would be easier to fix it once with a common receptacle!!!!!!!!!

I have an 88 with factory tow. Class 1 hitch, LSD, Aux cooler, full size spare. Never towed anything. Does have the 5 wire connector.

How many pins on the trailer? A 4 pin flat trailer side should still fit on the 5 pin Jeep side. The "odd ball" is the ground. You'll have one pin empty (trailer brakes).

Check out:

https://www.etrailer.com/question-46983.html

Other wire you'll need to wire an adapter.

the flat 5 pin is just larger in size than the current 4 and 5 pin trailer connectors.

i may splice in a 7 pin connector as i have all the wires for it.

the flat 5 pin is just larger in size than the current 4 and 5 pin trailer connectors.

i may splice in a 7 pin connector as i have all the wires for it.

Hmm... I'll have to measure mine.

Back