• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 steering box input shaft seal leaking

Awesome story, thanks for sharing!!!

That's a great story. Glad you made it out happily and with a couple of new friends. Reminds me of a buddy of mine, who took a rental sedan deep into Baja once and managed to crack the plastic gas tank on a road somewhere. It was leaking pretty good, but he was able to get it into a little town before completely running out of gas. The local mechanic guy let the fumes burn off for a couple of hours, and melted it shut with a torch :laugh3:

Good point, the plastic bottles are thermoplastics, and can be heat welded. I have done it to many other plastic items....

Sounds like a Macgyver story. :woohoo: We need a Macgyver Jeep thread.

That's a great story. Glad you made it out happily and with a couple of new friends. Reminds me of a buddy of mine, who took a rental sedan deep into Baja once and managed to crack the plastic gas tank on a road somewhere. It was leaking pretty good, but he was able to get it into a little town before completely running out of gas. The local mechanic guy let the fumes burn off for a couple of hours, and melted it shut with a torch :laugh3:

Back