• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 MJ for trade

JCSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought this mj (was to good of a deal to pass up), but I want to trade it for a four door xj. The mj is just to small for my family. I suck at posting pics on here, but I can email or text them to you. It's all pretty much stock. It has a small lift and currently has 30 x 9.50 tires. Looking for a four door of equal value, say 1500-2000.

James

It's a 88 MJ, 4x4, short bed, auto tranny, power steering, A/C, trimmed front fenders, trimmed front bumper (ends cut at angle), and if I remember correctly right around 164K.

Problems known of:
- Speedometer is broke (needle goes all the way around)
- I'm pretty sure the steering gear box has a small leak
- Thermostat housing has small leak
- Guy who owned it before me (father in law) was a BIG guy, so I took the dish out of the steering wheel so he would fit:D
- It's been painted before, but the clear coat is flaking
- Passenger door was locking with the alarm fine then it stopped. Don't know why, haven't bothered checking.
- Does not currently have a radio in it

I replaced the steering stabilizer and removed the sway bar. Everything that has been taken off the truck is in the bed of the truck (fender flares, front bumper end caps, sway bar, chrome bed caps). Other than that, I'd say the truck is in pretty descent shape. I have a couple pics I can send if needed.

What do you have?

1989 xj 4 door limited with 137k, 4.0 auto 4x4 d30 non-disconect 8.25 with 30x9.50 tire and 4" lift.

If this sounds like something you may be intersted in pm me and I will send you my # or e-mail for pictures

Last edited:
Back