• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 Grand Wagoneer worth ??

TRCM

NAXJA Forum User
While searching for some axle upgrades for my 88, I came across this. I have always liked the older jeep bodystyle, but not 100% sure I need another vehicle. I currently have an 88 Cherokee Pioneer, a 96 Cherokee Sport, and an 08 Silverado.

The pics I have seen of it looks like it is decent shape, it does have 4.10 gears, and may still have a winch & bumper on it. No major body damage is visible in any of the pics, but I am sure there is some rust on the rockers/ wheel wells.

The seller is asking $800, but if he is gonna crush it, I figure I'll offer him 300-400. Around here, the bet you get is 300 @ the junkyard.

Here is a cut & paste of the ad:
1988 jeep grand wagoneer have not had any luck selling so I am going to part out. Dana 44 axles front and rear. Rustys 5in lift. Good running 360 with edelbrok intake and holley 600 carb, upgraded ignition new alternator power steering pump and exhaust manifold. ac blows cold. only needs acouple little things to pass inspection good tell dec. Still runs and drives good body is beat up from off roading. All power works, windows ,rear glass everything. Let me know if you want vehicle or want parts off it. Will probably crush middle of next week.

88grand.jpg

So, good, bad, or ugly ?

Would it be a good investment for just the axles, keep the thing whole and drive it, or just pass on it ?

Last edited:
For $300 or $400 don't think you could go wrong.

I would say that could be worth more around 400 to 900 really... I mean its a running and driving vehicle. Its hard to get much less for that kind of thing around here at least.

He claims all it needs to pass inspection is a taillight and the exhaust run farther back. I guess it has a turndown under the body, which is a no-no around here.

I'm thinking if I take the axles out and use them, and just junk the rest, I am ahead of the game. And if it is in as good a shape as he claims, it may be worth using.

I am going to try and go look at it this weekend and see what is what. If I get it, I'll post up some better pics. Don't really need another vehicle, but for the price/apparent condition, it is kinda hard to pass up.

I knew a guy in Midlo that had one just like it.

I'd say go for it, I'd even wheel it until the body was dead then salvage the axles

Back