• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Swap Shock Mount Questions.

Re: Re: 8.8 Swap Shock Mount Questions.

Who needs wheel travel when you look good?

Lowered lower shock mounts without raising the top into the cab can take 4-5" off your shock lengths... Which is unacceptable in the performance world.

My mounts are above the bottom of the axle tube. Put it on a ramp when you are done and measure your max compression & extension and order a shock to fit. I've wheeled mine harder than most with no issues.

My mounts are above the bottom of the axle tube. Put it on a ramp when you are done and measure your max compression & extension and order a <b> needlessly short, up travel limiting</b> shock to fit. I've wheeled mine harder than most with no issues.

Fixed it for you. You could legitimately argue the loss in up travel is insignificant, but just glossing over the fact is irresponsible, and wrong.

What's next? Saying you don't need to extend bumpstops with a lift?

I think it depends on how you wheel. if you do any go fast stuff the short shock is never going to work but if your a low speed crawler or mall crawler you could get away with it.

Back