• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 is in! Now some questions

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey all

I was able to get my Ford 8.8 under the Jeep yesterday.... its running great, the 4.10's made a huge difference in how the Jeep performs... anyone on the fence about this mod, do it.

Couple questions and comments.

It seemed like nobody on here had done an 8.8 with an AX-15. I couldn't get any definates on driveshaft length. I'm happy to report that I was able to re-use my stock driveshaft and slip yoke. It is long enough, I drove it 40 miles. I would not reccomend doing this for wheeling, it is not the most ideal setup, but if you run out of daylight like I did and need the Jeep moved, you can run it with the stock DS and slip yoke on a Jeep with the AX15. I'm running a 3.5" lift, and I'm confident that a stock front DS from an AW4 Jeep will be more than long enough.

E-brake. How did everyone set up the e-brake? Mine seems like no matter how much I tightened it the e-brake cables it is useless. I'd like to get it working as I have needed it on the trail before.

Where is the best place to buy a speedo gear?

I got my speedo gear at the dealer for like $20

for ebrake cables you got a couple choices, you can loop the cable around the 8.8 bracket, you can weld a bracket to the axle to make the factory cable work, you can buy some premade cables from MORE for $123 or you can buy some Lokar cables that are cut to fit, but if you do the lokar cables you have to do the Ford Explorer Clevis'

Lokar http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/ecables_concables.htm
P/Ns = EC-80FU & EC-81FC
MORE http://www.mountainoffroad.com/catalog/Mounting Hardware-Axle/Mounting Hardware.htm
P/Ns = 97+ = EB3
96- = EB2

I have cables, I think they're from the explorer.... I bought this axle from a guy who had it under his Jeep that got totalled out, he said it worked on his jeep and I hooked it up the same way it was in his.

I guess I'll try the MORE cables

Thanks for the info.

Mine looks to be set up right, i guess I just need to adjust the cable length

Back