• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Emergency Brake Question

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I have searched and searched.

I know you can use the e-brake cables off of a grand cherokee but which one? The ZJ or the WJ. The ZJ I would have to go to the junk yard for and they wnat $25 a side. Thats outragous!! The parts store does not have them and cant order them. Now if I get a set off of a 99 or newer the WJ I can get them for $17 a piece new. I went to the dealer and they could not tell me what the differance between the two are.

So what did you use?

i beleive there is even a write up on this but all i did was wrap the stock xj cable around the brake actuator and use a cable clamp to hold it back to itself. has been fine for 1.5 yrs.

I just welded a link of chain onto the steel barrel at the end. Worked fine for me since I didn't feel link running into town to get cable clamps. I did have to trim about half of the spring off the cable though. The cable clamp should work just fine though.

Back